PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR preparation for the Borghetti replacement underway
Old 20th Apr 2017, 08:31
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And I don't live in a nanny-State thank you very much. I live in a decent society that doesn't think it is acceptable in the 21st Century (or the 20th for that matter) to see any of its citizens die on the steps of a hospital or be refused treatment because of a dispute between insurance companies.
What in God's name has that got to do with the 'Nanny State?'

The really laughable thing is, if that makes us a nanny State where we spend approximately 9% of GDP on health and everyone is covered as opposed to the US who spend nearly 20% and nearly a tenth of the population isn't covered, then I'll go with the moniker happily.
Yet again, nothing to do with the 'Nanny State'

The only developed Western country without universal health care and at least regional pilots, many on 'food stamps' must make you so proud. Certainly Sully isn't a big fan from his testimony to Congress.
Yet again, nothing to do with the 'Nanny State'

Santa Barbara doesn't mean I'm from the States, I'm an Australian (an embarrassed one).

Your previous load of tripe regarding the police state is absolute garbage. I've never experienced the rubbish you try and pass off as a police state, law enforcement in the States is a breath of fresh air compared to the brainwashed garbage we put up with here.