PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR preparation for the Borghetti replacement underway
Old 18th Apr 2017, 22:58
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Boe787
Yes indeed quite possibly more of the same!

Given the appalling standards of the US domestic Airline industry, I dont see how this golden boy who cut his teeth in the US industry, will improve things at Virgin, particularly for the staff!
US airlines have some of the lowest paid staff in Aviation!

It's interesting to note he is credited with saving the US industry, by for one charging for passengers checked in baggage!
And yet the only US Airline to have always been profitable, Southwest, doesn't charge for checked baggage?
Low fuel prices and the big three mergers over there have had a lot to do with the recent improvement in US carriers fortunes!
It's easy to determine... if he displays very little knowledge of the industry but works 'reaching out', 'going forward', talk about stuff and 'what that looks like', refers to the domestic airline game as the 'domestic aviation SPACE', ends everything with 'outcomes' and describes every outcome in terms of its 'impact' on 'the business' and can't speak an English language sentence without any of these weasel words then he IS more of the same.

I seriously don't get how management types don't see how unfathomably stupid they sound spouting this weasel word rubbish. Can't help themselves, have to work it into every release, every sentence and every conversation... cannot get up in the morning without 'going forward and shared values'.

It's all total piffle as the refreshingly sane Don Watson aptly describes it.

He started by thanking a gathering at Readings a few years ago to launch his latest book by saying "I know how hard it is for you to attend tonight, it's like asking Salmon to stop swimming upstream because I know you're all busy 'going forward' and it's hard to stop. I don't know how the human race survived for all these millennia, presumably we just all milled around for thousands of years without 'going forward' all the time.