PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 15 injured in ‘serious’ stall alert incident on Qantas flight
Old 18th Apr 2017, 04:26
CurtainTwitcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again had this happened to anyone else then I don't think the indignation would be so righteous
Really? You are making a wild assumption there. I've made the same comments on other threads about incidents and accidents that happened to "other peoples" (if I am getting your "you are all racist" drift there, you've twice mentioned it). In fact here is a link to a google search for my posts on pprune with "lets wait for the report".

I wait to read the reports, then comment on what is written in the report. Then I start my learning. I may go back and read previous posts in conjunction with the report to provide any extra knowledge that I'm deficient in.

Recently there was a long and extensive thread on the B747 - Turkish Airlines cargo 747 crashes in Kyrgyzstan. After 17 pages the preliminary report was finally released in post #326 . You know what? Not a single post prior to that close to the ultimate cause of the accident - the fact the B747-4 will capture a 3° path using inertial guidance with a false glideslope.

17 pages of speculation & drivel, about the only piece of additional information that came out of it prior to the report was the Dutch Safety Board Report on Pitch-up Upsets due to ILS False Glide Slope. I literally learnt nothing else, and posters just went round and round in circles on progressively hair-brained speculation because they had no new information other than the initial report that there had been an accident.

Same with the DXB B777 accident, plenty of speculation, but not a single poster got the fact the G/A was initiated after the RAAS callout and the fact that one wheel had touched down and the autothrottle G/A was disabled catching both pilots by surprise.

If you really want to understand why you shouldn't speculate with almost no information, take an hour to sit through John Boyd's "Conceptual Spiral" playlist

following along with his slide pack for the presentation. Then finish off with his paper Destruction and Creation. Once you have done all that, you will realise how in the absence of updated information that you will end up totally and utterly confused and so far away from the truth that it will leave you embarrased when the report is actually released. There is very little in the way of learning that can be done without direct knowledge of the facts.

This isn't about racism, its about avoiding confusion and being clear about what actually occurred & what lessons we can learn. That starts after the facts are known.

Conceptual Spiral playlist link for browsers that don't embed properly https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...569CDF59FE54A3