PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings Training
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2017, 20:30
tech log

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly what are the hidden and additional costs before the training commences, I've seen the insurance fee and inspection fees etc but how much are they and when do these fees need paying? When does the entire loan need to be secured? And when does a class 1 medical need to be completed? Does this all need to be in place before the application day or before training commences if selected?
Insurances
Loan arrangement fee with BBVA
Class 1 initial fee
Sustenance during training

Before training commences

I also would like to know how easily cadets seeked employment after completion of the ATPL, and how long this process took?
Its not an ATPL. You can't have an ATPL until you have 1500 hours. It's a CPL/IR with an MCC certificate.

It is different for everyone. For some it's minutes, some stay in the hold pool for months/years. Some don't make it to the hold pool, that is rare though.

I am lead to believe the course lasts approximately 18 months, and then type rating takes the additional 6 months (after appointed by a partner airline). But what my concern is, if you do not get appointed immediately, and the entire training takes over 24 months, how are you expected to pay your course fees without a job??
Type rating 2 months.

That's a question a lot of CTC cadets who still don't have jobs ask themselves every day. BBVA don't care, you signed a contract that obligates you to make the agreed repayments, job or no job.

Sorry for the amount of questions, but how much do you typically earn straight out of flight school (I am lead to believe it is around 45,000, unless the type rating has been supported which could reduce your salary) and how soon do you receive payment? I am just concerned (as everyone is) about leaving flight school and not being able to pay the £1000+ fee before and even after I gain employment at a partner airline.
Absolutely no chance unless you get an Italian base with easyJet straight onto a European permanent contract.

Flexicrew is, I'm told, 30 at the absolute most of 900 hours a year and lots of standby duties.

Flybe is low 20's I think.

Monarch and Thomas Cook haven't dipped in for a long time.

Norwegian took a handful late last year. Employed by external agency OSM.

Ryanair don't have concrete links anymore to CTC. You can apply directly to Ryanair as a modular Pilot.

Look mate, your best bet is an MPL course. QR or easyJet. QR get paid more earlier but you have to live in the sandpit.