PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows display cancelled due to airspace infringement (merged)
Old 26th Aug 2003, 06:55
BEagle

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Some diametrically opposed views on this site. However, the current NOTAM system really is rubbish, it has to be said. Pages and pages about rocket firing in some obscure corner of the Outer Hebrides, kite flying for birds of prey training etc etc. The previous system was vastly better - if a pilot misses a particular NOTAM because it's buried amongst the garbage, then I wouldn't be totally surprised.

Plus why does one have to register to access the AIS website in order to check the AICs for TRAs? If it's safety information, it should be freely available.

Sorry that the show was ruined for you; perhaps this might persuade the CAA to make availability and dissemination of NOTAMs more straightforward than it currently is?

I've just tried to access the AIS website; after 5 minutes the TRA list still hadn't loaded. Eventually it did - the locations are listed, but not the times. For that you are directed to the general website - which doesn't have a hotlink to the TRA times. So I told it I was due to fly from Wombleton to Barton tomorrow (in that stupid back-to-front format) and asked for general VFR information. The result? Pages and pages of crap about London City airport, Culdrose etc etc. So yes, if a pilot said that he couldn't easily find out about the Red Arrows TRA times these days thanks to the crazy NOTAM format, then I wouldn't be at all surprised!

GET THIS NONSENSE SORTED OUT!!

Last edited by BEagle; 26th Aug 2003 at 07:17.