PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct Entry FO
Thread: Direct Entry FO
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2017, 15:11
Luggage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GICASI2
I have had the pleasure of flying with some very talented young (and old) SOs from all backgrounds and experience levels. The smart ones do a grand job and soak up the experience of watching the operation when not in the seat. This is the major part of the transition from their previous life to 'the Cathay Way'. The ability to follow the FDs and not crash in the last 200' is easily taught in the first few sectors. Untraining your (luggage) 'this is not the way we did it on RJs blah' is the difficult part... not that I would be a trainer in Cathay!
What!!!An RJ pilot needs to be retaught howto land....what utter CR@P!!!

Get off your high horse, Im a 777 pilot....I fly a bigger jet so I must be better.

Im pretty sure the 13000 hour RJ Captains and FO's I have flown with will make the transition just fine.

Those Asiana pilots on their 777 did a bang up job landing in SFO, Guess they followed your well taught fly the FD to the ground theory as well...Jeez!!

Heres a thought, you can become an SO and monitor and learn as you put it or actually sit in the right hand seat of a real jet and fly, take off, land, fly an arrival/approach...gee what a novel idea.