PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows display cancelled due to airspace infringement (merged)
Old 26th Aug 2003, 00:33
rustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps it needs our flying lawyer to defend some of these people - showing just how poor these arrangements are?

You're having a laugh, right?

Let's picture the courtroom drama unfolding....

Prosecution: "So you were, were you not, PIC of an aircraft on the afternoon of Sunday 24th August near the Elvington Aerodrome?"

Pilot: "Erm, yes..."

Prosecution: "And you were aware, were you not, that a temporary restricted area, a 'TRA', was in force around that area at the material time?"

DOH!

Pilot: "No. The NOTAM briefing system is rubbish, the lack of a graphical output is hopeless, and it is just too many pages of irrelevant rubbish to wade through I was not aware of the TRA"

Prosecution (in his most incredulous/indignant tone): "So, in other words, you were not in receipt of all the information necessary for the safe conduct of a flight as required by the Air Navigation Order!"

Prosecution, continuing his indignation: "Red Arrows flights/Royal Flights/TRAs all these can be ascertained from a free phone call!! You are aware of this facility are you not?"

Pilot: "Um, err"

Prosecution: "So you didn't check the AIS provided pre-flight "NOTAM" briefing, you didn't call the free-call number, and you chose to speak to no-one enroute notwithstanding the fact that a crowd of 30,000+ at a usually quiet aerodrome may have been noticeable from the air!!"

Pilot: "Can I change my plea?"

Prosecution: "The prosecution rests, m'lud... And we would seek the maximum penalty available, sir... "

------------------------------------------

The tools are not perfect, but they are getting much better.

But if you don't read them it doesn't matter how good the output is.