PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows display cancelled due to airspace infringement (merged)
Old 25th Aug 2003, 16:58
gasax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder how many people read the NOTAMs and still don't get it? Well some of us try but........

Aberdeen to Kemble - 31 pages of almost completely useless NOTAMS. Tucked away in all that crap a couple of displays and TRAs. The good thing? two pilots and plenty of time to read through it all. But this is not the way to do anything in the 21st century.

NOTAMS ae supposed to be useful and accessible. I know some people have put in huge personal efforts to sort out the shambles that the AIS created. My sincere thanks to them. But 31 pages of which possibly 2 were in anyway relevant to our flight?????

And yes I used the narrow route option, yes I tried to filter. The end result is we still have information being disseminated in the same manner as in 1950. All we have is a lot of our personal hardware ( and costs) used to do that.

What we need is a sensible website that gives us a graphical output - you could browse it quickly online and then go.

Did I assimulate all the items on the 31 pages correctly - of course not, should I have been looking out of the window instead of reading this stuff - of course I should.

So long as the AIS insist on Stone Age presentation of mostly irelevant information which is supposed to aimed at PPLs there but for the grace of god go you and I.