PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally a commuting roster on the 777!
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 08:29
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JuniorMan
$19,000 a month tax free is great pay. This puts you above the majority of US3 Captains and probably among the highest paid airline pilots in the world. I understand the hours are rough, but in terms of compensation it doesn't get much better than EK. Additionally, the quick upgrade to the left seat of a widebody is a major plus. In the US, widebody command takes a quarter of a century. Unfortunately, that's not an exaggeration.
There are many ways to qualify what makes pay "great", but I think you'll find EK pilots are a little more "productive" than the average US ones lol. Sure, nice to see the bank account swell, as you pack and repack for your next flight. Say, who are those short strangers in my villa who sort of look like me? hahah! QOL? Zero, I mean absolutely infinitely no comparison.

And forget the quick upgrades at EK, that's done. Quicker than a US major perhaps, but only an overly ambitious fool would consider the left seat at EK an improvement over the right seat at a US major.