PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 07:39
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thing is Wiggy I just don't recognise this whole argument that shorthaul is awful. Yes there are bits that leave a bit to be desired but nowhere nowadays is a utopia. I'm wondering how much is being written by people who've lost touch with reality. We get plenty of leave compared to other places so if you get creative, virtually every other month you can have a nice block of time off.

If you want to measure SH against LH and take the point of view that because SH isn't as good as LH then that makes SH awful then as far as I'm concerned that's just a state of mind. If you're like me and you're staring down the barrel of another four years of it, then you begin to see the positives and there are quite a few. You just never hear of them on here because that's not the agenda on display. I've worked for a few airlines now and I can categorically say that this is the best overall. You can get some significant time off but that might mean you work harder on your days on duty. I don't see a problem with that.

(Maybe part of my way of thinking is that I've seen the worst this industry has to offer, which is freezing your arse off out in the arse end of Europe flying with grizzled CRM free captains on multiple 12hr+ four sector days off a 05:00AM report on repeat with no coffee provided, a single mouldy sandwich for crewfood and being paid peanuts.)

Last edited by RexBanner; 6th Apr 2017 at 07:50.