PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally a commuting roster on the 777!
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 04:13
hockeypilot44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by McNugget
I love how American legacy pilots love chiming in with severe tall-poppy syndrome these days, despite having the worst major airline contracts in the developed world for the better part of the last generation.

I was shocked reading about the terms and conditions on offer up until the last couple of years. Appalled, in fact. Particularly for guys based in the busiest airport in the world.

As for setting the 'global standard'. I'm glad that's completely untrue. Not sure the world needs their major airline industry divested into 50% regional jets with food stamp wages.

When you peer over Trump's wall, you'll see that the standards set in each locale are set by the market forces operating therein.
The regional jets was a major attack on our labor force. We have successfully won that battle. Regional first officers now start at $60,000 per year. It is now a stepping stone job to the legacies. I make more money in a year than an A380 captain at your airline and I'm a 737 first officer. I already knew that. What I didn't know was how few days off you guys get. I can't believe you would compare wages on a 70 seat aircraft against an international wide-body.