PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Interview Change?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2017, 03:23
JayTee777300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by McNugget
I completely understand your point about the gravity of moving family to the other side of the world. I agree entirely. However, if you make the decision to come, then you take the territory therein. It's not for the feint of heart, and doesn't work for many. It's also a massive ordeal to move back again.
I agree entirely with your point, and it's pretty much the point I am trying to make. It's not an easy thing. It's not for the feint of heart. New joiners need to look at this stuff seriously and consider all aspects of this gig. Don't just see the shiny jet and $... Even if it is better than your current job, think about where you would be in 5 and in 10yrs. This job at Cathay can affect so much more... And not all positively. For me I'm a professional, and I conduct myself professionally... So whilst we are constantly subject to petty power games and being nicked and dimed, most of the time it is not even really about the $, but the of lack of respect, verging on utter contempt from management that it demonstrates, that gets me down.

I'm just here trying to share some truths I wish I had of found out before I signed up (not saying I wouldn't have signed even if I did know... And I'm sure plenty of info was out there but I was too dumb to see it). Whilst my tone might at times indicate a bias, I think you'll find my comments to be mostly factual and fair.

Last edited by JayTee777300; 6th Apr 2017 at 03:44.