PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some questions regarding Panavia Tornado parts including CSAS control unit
Old 5th Apr 2017, 23:26
Jayviator

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I have since added a AFDS control unit to my collection and my latest pride and joy is a throttle quadrant.
Unfortunately it did not have any paperwork so i do not know the registration number of the aircraft it came from, and I don't know what variant it is from, all I do know is it's from a tornado!
I think I know what most of the controls do on this, the wing sweep lever, throttle levers flap controls and taxi thrust lever are all obvious, but I found a few other controls, switches and latches that I did not know what they did, I got some answers from a tornado flight sim (assuming all the details are correct) the latches at the rear of the throttles stop them being accidentally put into HP SHUT. the pyramid shaped button/switch thing on the right throttle lever is the control for airbrakes and manouver flaps (whatever they are) but I discovered a few other things which are not mentioned, underneath the airbrakes pyramid type switch is another push button. on each of the throttle levers there are 2 small metal push button things on the front and back. on the left throttle is a metal switch which moves to the upper right to lower left position, you can see that switch in one of the images. and also again on the left throttle lever is a rotating thing.
[IMG]Unknown controls on tornado throttle levers by Jason Evans, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Tornado throttle box 2 by Jason Evans, on Flickr[/IMG]

Tornado throttle box 3 by Jason Evans, on Flickr