PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally a commuting roster on the 777!
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2017, 13:46
Plane_Sailing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clear to land
Plain Sailing-A 28/13 Roster is definately not the equivalent to 20/10. It is a very different dynamic. If you have never deployed anywhere for a month or more I understand why you think this but they are VERY different animals. If you have deployed for 4 wks or more then I will have to assume you don't have or don't like your family!. The ONLY life balance for 28 days away is 28 days off-and even that is arguable in terms of family disruption. If you are single, or kids left home, then it works as it allows you to have another life/business/whatever floats your boat.
Firstly, 20 divided by 10 is 2.
28 divided by 13 is 2.15 so you are technically correct but it's pretty close. If you take the extra day traveling on a 20/10 roster I would say it's equivalent.
Secondly, Why do dimwits like you always have to make thing personal and tell me I hate my family?
Thirdly, I am not interested in this contract, I was just making an observation!
Fourthly, The only proper commuting options are in the Far East, which while giving a lot of off time, leave you extremely jet lagged if you are commuting to Europe.