PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally a commuting roster on the 777!
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2017, 16:59
BANANASBANANAS

Received 121 Likes on 61 Posts
Originally Posted by Plank Cap
28 on, 13 off, yes all very well. But surely we know what's coming - " new freight dog acclimatisation requirements to have spent the previous 12 days in DXB prior to commencing duty ", for no particular reason.......

I especially love the way they say an individual's performance and attendance record, and pilots who've previously demonstrated flexibility, will be taken into account when selecting the chosen few.... in the same missive as telling us that there will be external advertising for the positions also. How is a new joiner's flexibility, performance and attendance record to be assessed?
It is just typical management mind games to use words such as 'selected' and 'assessed' to make it sound like a juicy proposition that will be oversubscribed.
The truth of the matter is that EK has a desperate pilot manpower situation and they are just mining their wealth of dirty tricks to try to 'solve' their problem without awarding an across the board pay rise. If there is no guaranteed J class ticket between home and work bases and if the terms and conditions are any less than the existing contract (EK will still save on accommodation costs) then it's a non starter for me.

I would wait until the terms and conditions are published and then, in all probability, find them totally unacceptable and write in to CM telling him what we think.