PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best route after University - flight training
Old 2nd Apr 2017, 18:47
Rottweiler22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit that I would be more tempted to go the cabin crew route, as opposed to the £15k per year law graduate job. But, if someone stuck the law job out, it could lead to much bigger, and better-paid things. Something in airline operations, or ground crew for example could be better paid, and give you a bit more money to attack your training with. £15k per year does seem a very small amount of money, especially when a PPL will set you back more than half of it.

When I was at Uni, law was the most popular course, and unfortunately every University is firing-out hundreds of graduates every year, with very few jobs to go at. That probably explains the pathetic pay and conditions of that aforementioned Sheffield job. It's a sad state of affairs.

Finish University first, and then see what takes your fancy, but I'd lean towards something within aviation, but a bit more than cabin crew. Ops or management for example.