PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best route after University - flight training
Old 31st Mar 2017, 21:59
utd4life12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I don't think it's for me unfortunately.

I think so far, the best thing I can do is finish this past couple of months of my degree. From there, I need to look at getting a Class 1 medical, and if I get that, see what jobs are hiring.

I think if this means doing cabin crew and getting a taste of the industry whilst doing my PPL, then looking for something better paid after it, then so be it, if I end up doing cabin crew, it doesn't have to be forever.

Hopefully we will see something like this start to appear in the next year: https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/news/t...d-scheme--9603

I do completely understand what people have said in that cabin crew isn't well paid enough to fund the entirity of training, but it would be a way of getting into the industry which would help for future careers and like I say, once I've done my PPL I can look for something better paid, or if something better paid comes up around the time I finish Uni, then I'll look into that, but I'm not writing cabin crew off completely