PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unhappy travellers let fly at Qantas
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2003, 15:53
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One dot do you really think that was necessary? Lets not turn this into yet another slug fest of mindless garbage. I could rattle of a plethora of incidents over the years I have been flying to undermine (or attempt to) airlines or pilots. I choose not to as it achieves absolutely NOTHING! When pilot's exchange information about incidents or occurrences, it contributes greatly to the knowledge base for all who are interested in learning.

I have never met ANY pilot who has not had some sort of an incident at some stage in their career. Virgin and Qantas are no more immune than any other airline. QF and DJ have both recently participated fully in a TLOSA exercise to identify areas of strengths and weaknesses. I am sure both companies are doing plenty to assure this countries continued good safety record.

I think alot of QF troubles are directly attributable to management incompetence. They seek to undermine pay and conditions while expecting the same levels of application by staff. Even the dumbest person I know can work out the lack of logic in that equation.

If some staff are not happy, there must be a reason. I wonder if anyone has bothered to ask the question WHY?