PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birth Certificates - RAF Brats born overseas
Old 28th Mar 2017, 20:42
JSavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ogre
Folks

Mrs Ogre is a RAF Brat, she was born in Malta when her Father was stationed over there in the 60's, to be precise she was born in the navy hospital at Luqa. She has a birth certificate which is an RAF form, gives all the details of her birth and was signed by the RAF Register officer for Malta.

Now, she currently needs to get a copy of her birth certificate, so a bit of a google search directed her to the General Register Office. As we are not in the UK, she sent off the forms and today received a reply.

Basically, the GRO can't find any record of the birth. She phoned then, and was basically told they do not hold military birth records (even though the National Archive website says they do), and was told to phone the British High Commission in Malta.

We did some further digging, tried Kentigern House, tried the RAF disclosures office at Cranwell, and no-one can tell us who holds the birth records and can provide a copy of the certificate.

So great and wise forum, has anyone out there tried a similar quest? Has anyone tried to get a copy of a birth certificate for a child born overseas to serving military personnel. If so, where die you go?

Ogre
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help me..
I was born at the David Bruce RNH, Mtarfa, Malta on 08th July 1973..
My father E.J.J Sav**e was a seamen serving the The Crown Royal Navy and was commissioned on "The Rhyl" at that time of my birth. My mother M. Sav**e is Maltese..
I am finding some difficulties to get a British birth certificate.. I do not know who signed off my Birth at David Bruce RNH, Mtarfa on 08th July 1973.. In this instance my mum has given me an indication that the Cesarean section doctor who gave birth to me was Dr. Jackson at the time which i am assuming he registered and signed off the Royal Navy births at David Bruce RNH, Mtarfa, Malta back in 1973.. Is there anyone who can help me and maybe indicate where i can get and find this information as it is very important and I need get this Birth Certificate to pass it on to the Home Office.. Now, I currently need to get a copy of my birth certificate which I have made contact with the General Register Office (GRO) earlier today, but the GRO can't find any records of my birth at David Bruce RNH, Mtarfa, Malta.. I done some further digging and tried The UK National Archives and I`m not getting any positive feedback either who holds these birth records for overseas births and can provide me with a copy of the certificate.
Can anyone who`s experienced the same issues please help me..
Thanks
JSavage