PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330 PFD Indiatication
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2017, 15:12
Romasik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
Probabilty of these two events happening at the same time is nearly zero.

Interesting viewpoint ! Statistically the possibility of an engine failure is one 30 years and dual engine flameouts none whatsoever. So if you have less than thirty years to retire you can safely delete from FCOM the EFATO, dual engine flameout, the entire OEI performance. Same with Dual hydraulic, EMER ELEC and most other problems. Wow! The FCOM can be carried in back pocket.
You chose to answer to the most unpractical part of my post, ignoring more realistic things...
Anyway, events, that you mentioned are definitely regarded by Airbus as probable and we have real life examples of those. Nothing about simultaneous GPWS PULL UP event in ALT Law though. And, BTW, the only difference between ALT1 and ALT 2 in this sence is absence of gentle nose down signal in a very specific case of 2 ADR lost. We are talking about even smaller probabilty and a signal that you won't even notice in those circumstances. What you really have to know and watch is that protections are lost. You will be warned about it by ECAM and/or QRH and never pull full stick backwards. So, I don't understand what you are talking about. The loss of that gentle signal in the event that statistically impossible and never even mentioned in any Airbus publication?
It's up to you, of course. You are free to fill your memory with this kind of stuff if you have enough capacity and keep reading to ensure you don't forget. My concern is also very practical - the check airman on the oral or check ride that has similar view on the importance of things that he's taking from his head.

Last edited by Romasik; 28th Mar 2017 at 15:42.