PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330 PFD Indiatication
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2017, 20:02
Romasik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
Whatever situation is. I'm just flying the aircraft and never think about protections. They don't exist for me. In any law. Protections are there if you personally fail.

If you were handling GPWS warnings and didn't know protections exist your actions will be less than optimum won't that compromise your escape?
Probabilty of these two events happening at the same time is nearly zero. I have never had GPWS event, that forced me to pull full stick backwards, or ALT Law in my life. Nor I heard about such situation. And you are talking about both of them happening together? May be it would be wiser to use your brain energy to avoid getting into PULL UP situation in the first place?
I'm serious. No matter how many times I read this kind of stuff, most of it eveporates after few days or weeks. It's useless to try to always remember thousands of things that you don't practice in every day life. General system knowledge, SOP, limitations, memory items - that's what we need to remember. Other stuff - to be able to quickly locate and read, if you need. And yes, you have to have prior knowledge of that particular topic. If you are so gifted to keep it in your head for immediate use - fine. But there are few of pilots of this kind. Overwhelming majority are just regular pilots with average pilot's abilities.