PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic aftermath of PFA rally (Good News!)
Old 23rd Aug 2003, 06:06
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always find it interesting when people confidently assert that pilots against whom complaints are made have nothing to worry about if they've done nothing wrong. (Isn't 'interesting' a useful word? )
Perhaps they have no idea about what's involved, or perhaps they just don't care as long as they aren't the pilot under investigation.

The facts have already been posted by a number of people so there's no point in my repeating them. Unfortunately, the full facts are even worse than reported here.

The incident is being investigated by the CAA. That's not surprising given Captain Steven Moody's determination as already described by others. But, it doesn't stop there.

What Pruners may find difficult to believe - but it's nonetheless true – is that, having received a complaint, someone in CAA-SRG saw fit to suspend the pilots' Display Authorisations before an investigation had taken place. As a result, the pilots have had to cancel their bookings for the rest of the season. In short, guilty or innocent, they've lost this display season.

I don't understand the concern (expressed by some) that what Captain Steven Moody did has been revealed. Pprune is an aviators' website. Some may admire him for his actions - others will think he's behaved disgracefully.

May I ask for my fellow Ppruners' co-operation please?
There's a risk the pilots will be prosecuted based on Captain Moody's allegations. I hope you'll agree that, in those circumstances, it would be best if we guard against saying anything here which might damage the pilots' interests.
I suggest we now suspend any further discussion until the matter has been finally resolved.

FL

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 23rd Aug 2003 at 07:07.