PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic aftermath of PFA rally (Good News!)
Old 23rd Aug 2003, 01:24
stiknruda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!

Lot's of converging viewpoints.

My point of view -

arrived at Kemble from the south just as the duo were doing their stuff, they finished and landed about 20 secs ahead of me...

the only inconvenience to me was that I was unsure when to call "final" as I was lead of a 2ship and was watching them like the proverbial hawk - no2 was experiencing intermittent tx probs but could rx

We (wingman and self) had been competing in an aero's comp at Bodmin and approaching Kemble was no more arduous/dangerous than climbing out/recovering when an aero's comp is in progress.

From my PFA involvement (I am a director of ULAIR), I know Steve Moody and he has always struck me as very sensible. I am aware that the Rally is a very stressful time for the Rally crew and can only imagine that the display whilst the TRA was active was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I understand the concern about non-rdo a/c but as my previous trip to Kemble this year was G-VFWE non-rdo whilst the Hunter was strutting his stuff late Friday afternoon, I would expect non-rdo pilots to be EVEN more vigilant.

It is irrelevant that the display duo were ex-mil they could have been civvies such as the Tiger Club Turbulent Team and the same furore would have errupted.

With ATC permission, even I, a provisional display pilot could have practiced aerobatics in the overhead and down to 501' above the aerodrome.

In short - shame it could not have been sorted out locally - all I can predict is that there will be no winners from this.

Stik