PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pathetic aftermath of PFA rally (Good News!)
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 23:06
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely as aviators we should sort out our disagreements amongst ourselves, the sin surely is in escalating an issue to the CAA, rather than in feeling that something was unsafe - that's the sort of debate that goes on regularly at many airfields, and the fact that we do discuss it - often in heated terms - means that we all take safety seriously. That must be a good thing.
I couldn't agree more. You've hit the nail squarely on the head Genghis.
From what I've heard from a source I've always found to be completely balanced and reliable, people did try to discuss it calmly with Moody. Unfortunately, he wasn't open to discussion and got angry because nobody agreed with him. (He wasn't the only experienced aviator there.)
The trouble seems to be that he'd gone off both barrels at the pilots without checking the facts first and wouldn't believe them when they said they'd OK'd their practice with ATC.
When he found out it was true, he started effing and blinding because he hadn't been consulted before permission was given, wouldn't be.
Moody then walked off the job saying he wouldn't work with them on the Sunday. Fortunately the PFA found someone to step into the breach so the Rally went ahead smoothly and successfully the next day without Moody. Perhaps that made him even more irritated?

smarthawke
Interesting questions, but surely the more interesting topic is the one raised by Allty M who started this thread?
What's your view on that?

Last edited by Heliport; 22nd Aug 2003 at 23:29.