PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA CFI and future plans
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2017, 15:12
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2N2

And you cannot work for a Regional with an F1 visa.
Thanks for your information.
I've been told of people working for regionals on F1 OPT.
There are a few that only ask for work permit and don't require a green card.

Not sure if you are aware of any other limitations?
Well, I'd be really careful with that in light of the new Trump administration! To my knowledge if you get caught working illegally in the States, besides being kicked out of the country immediately, you're banned for lifetime not only for 10 years (which was mentioned above post #7).

I agree with the statement of "B2N2" that one can't work for a US Regional with an F1 visa. As a non US-citizen being issued the respective visa to work as a CFI (flight instructor) you can only work as such and only for the respective flight school.

My advise to the starter of this thread would be (even though it's from October of last year, but it might be useful to other readers), for a EU citizen I'd say instead of spending your money on an FAA CFI (which is certainly a great experience, but unfortunately useless here in Europe) I'd rather spend it on doing the conversion and get the EASA frozen ATP, since that's where you stand the best chances of getting hired as a rookie pilot.

Regarding the pilot jobs abroad (middle and far east) they're usually looking for highly experienced pilots with a couple of thousand hours on commercial airplanes like Boeing or Airbus, they aren't looking for rookie pilots, and if so they usually give preference to their own fellow countryman - like any other country does (in case of the thread starter this would be Italy/EU).

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 14th Mar 2017 at 20:55.