PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Astana contract
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2017, 04:35
baggins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Astana the truth

I wander if any of these replys have actually lived and worked there,Expats i mean. The place is a hole dangerous and really unfriendly. The company and the local pilots are not at all interested in comunicating as far as they are concerned you are there because they need you but they don't want you, you'll find that out soon enough when your permit nears running out and they tell you it'll be ok then when you come back in you get arrested and put in jail because the immigration like everyone else wants back handing. The local pilots hate you and the rubbish about upgrades is just that rubbish the unions won't have it.
I notice the "well respected airline" doesn't mention the people the get beaten in the streets and loose their medicals.
when positioning you have to travel coach unless you are a local pilot.
if you need the money then go but be under no illusion the reason they are always looking for pilots is because it's a rubbish airline and a rubbish place to live and work. Oh and just wait until you do winter ops there and people won't de-ice, because they know better.