PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cabin Crew Is It Forgot The Real Reason We Are There!
Old 22nd Aug 2003, 16:49
Wonderworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MarcAir, I assume no one is forcing you to be a flight attendant. I would imagine that you knew it was 24 hour shift work position when you applied. Moaning that you cant be at home for Christmas, New Years and public holidays does not wash with me.
I have to put up with garbage like that in my office ( a 24 hour shift work environment). My stock standard answer to moaners complaining about the above is that maybe they should consider if they are suitable for shift work.

Doesnt bother me what you're paid as long as its within the applicable award.

I am not taking away from the importance of your vital role as cabin crew however as the public "faces" of the airline is it too much to ask that your role can be fulfilled with a smile and happy disposition. Sadly QF flight attendants seem to have a less than perfect reputation. I say this simply from what is available to read on travel bulletin boards and websites. Personally I have not had a major problem with QF cabin crew. As an example of a small problem was the day on a SYDMEL 763 sitting in the middle block of 3, after the meal service was over and the trays being collected the passenger next to me had a lap baby so they stacked their tray on top of mine so I could pass it to the F/A who in this case was the CSM helping out. Instead of smiling and saying thank you she clicked her tongue and rolled the eyes because she had to then sort the trays out before they would slide into the cart. It just was not necessary.

Just my thoughts - not an attack on all flight attendants.

Should I now duck for cover?