PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MD6XX? Sighting of MD600 with four blade T/R
Old 10th Mar 2017, 20:12
PANews

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Well I have seen the future and heard from Her Ladyship Lynn Tilton as her minions looked on adoringly but in all too apparent fear of upsetting her.....

So I have checked over my shoulder and it looks clear ... she aint watching.....

What we have been presented is another case of the Emperors New Clothes. The original MD600 was a rework of a Vietnam War design from the 1960s, a 3 +2 warhorse that worked well and still does - if you can get spares.

So the new design does away with the NOTAR and reverts to 'normal' but it makes no attempt to employ any of the knowledge of the last 30 years. Love it or hate it MDs NOTAR is about technology being used for directional control but all of that has been ignored. I know for a fact that BLR were sniffing around the MD booth looking to see if there was anything that might be a breach of an STC. There was nothing, not a strake and not an attempt to create some Coanda effect by sculpting the boom. This was a 500 tail [literally] screwed on the back of an old unloved and narrow 600 pod.

What a waste of an opportunity.

Still apparently there are plans to add 'automatically opening' electric side doors that were developed by a Tilton car factory. Seemed like a great idea.... on a car.