PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I wrong about all this? Please help!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2002, 21:15
tonyko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel that the subject has gone off course, it's true that CRM on my part wasn't too great.

But, that 100' isn't playing so great a role in all this, but rather, the decision making process. I don't care what the captain think of me when he did that, no one's perfect, and I'm not, either. What I care about, is:

Should we make decisions solely based upon 'experience', before even checking?

That was it.

It's true, my response to that, wasn't perfect, as I felt being provoked. But beleive it or not, I had nothing against the captain, everything before that, was just smooth as silk, we had chit chat and everything, all under friendly situation.

I don't understand why would I be a threat to the captain? Was it because of my disagreement?

From some of the post, I understand that my reaction could have worsen the whole situation, I have to admit to that. And clearly protested against him, this type of thing, is not often seen here, especialy, when there're language barrier between foreign captains and local first officers.

Of course, there's no way I can change the way the captain's attitude or communication skills, and I have no intention of changing that either.

The only thing I can do, is to readjust myself to it, and practice better CRM. But while doing that, isn't safety still safety? Isn't procedures still procedures?

Once again, it's not about that 100', I know the plane won't just fall off the sky; And it's not about his attitude toward me, 'cause we all have things to learn in CRM, and I've been yelled, insulted and slapped at during my early year in aviation, and I kept them all to myself, so it's not about that.

Thanks guys, each and everyone of your postings have been helpful, really.

Regards,

Tony