PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2017, 09:01
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Some posters seem to be moving away from the OP to a more general consideration of Just Culture. Fair enough, until it is used as a stick to beat those questioning the severity of the sentence of this CM. No-one to my knowledge is suggesting that there be no punishment at all, least of all the defendant who, in pleading guilty to negligently carrying out his duty, implied that he expected to be punished.

In particular we have atg's responses to posts from both myself and from safetypee (whose #884 merely quoted from, and linked to, a piece published by Humanastic Systems) at:-

https://humanisticsystems.com/2017/0...in-la-la-land/

re retributive and restorative justice. Now I know that it includes a lot of big words, but can we be a little more grown up and argue the pros and cons of scapegoating versus safety systems? Scapegoating has always been the preferred option of the RAF High Command since its VSOs set out to Subvert, Suborn, and in turn Cover-Up, in their attack on UK Military Air Safety, as described above by tucumseh.

Of course, atg has told us how much he admires RAF VSOs. Perhaps it was while mingling among them that he picked up such classic retorts as:-

oh what bollocks, frankly.
and
What chutney, sounds like you want a no-blame system, not a Just Culture.
UK Military Air Safety has been rendered dysfunctional by the illegal orders, actions, and cover up by RAF VSOs. It must be removed from such malevolent influence by taking the Regulator (MAA) and Accident Investigator (MilAAIB, or whatever it's called this week) outwith the MOD and then be made independent of each other.

Self Regulation Doesn't Work and in Aviation it Kills!