PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2017, 07:59
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is taking a camera onto the flight deck negligent when it is considered perfectly normal to eat a meal whilst sat in the same seat, cutlery and all?
At the risk of now being an outsider (ex RAF FJ, current civil longhauler) I don't want to comment of the specifics of the case but may I offer the following; I agree with the above comment, but it seems to me some here need a rule for absolutely everything when instead airmanship/commonsense should apply.

Was the camera in the RTS? No idea, but this isn't a FJ or similar, do people think every single type of or every combination of nav bags/pilot bags is listed in the civvie equivalent of the RTS, plus allowable Knives, forks, plates etc? I do appreciate it's your trainset but in the civvie world every single item allowable on the Flight Deck won't be listed in every civvie Ops Manual or FCOM (pilots notes), but there will be generic statements in the Ops Manual about the risks of loose articles.

As for comments and in some cases it appears criticism over the length of time the P2 was off the flight deck...Longhaul Flight: there are physiological risks of being sat in the seat for hours on end. Aircraft/Flight decks are designed with single pilot ops in mind. As long as a break is coordinated between the pilots involved there shouldn't be a problem.

Just my two pence worth, now back in my box.

Last edited by wiggy; 5th Mar 2017 at 08:10.