PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2017, 00:33
m0nkfish

Received 56 Likes on 19 Posts
I think discussions on just culture are futile now. The moment this went to a CM it effectively divorced itself from the flight safety world and set a trap which has now been sprung. I doubt the powers that be ever intended to string him up just for negligence, they wanted perjury and to nail him on integrity as its integrity that is held the most dearest of all in the military.

I hope the passengers onboard, particularly those that were injured can overcome what must have been a truly terrifying ordeal. I would be interested to see how this would have played out if the pilot had not pleaded guilty to negligence. Its probably the measure of the man that he pleaded so and a sign of how seriously he took his responsibilities that most likely weighed on him long after the aircraft was safely on the ground.

I do not know the pilot but on the presentation of the facts that are publicly known I disagree with the level of punishment and hope this goes to appeal. Nobody has won in this situation and the service has lost a highly valuable and experienced pilot. Given his otherwise unblemished record I would be more than happy to sit in the back of an aircraft he was in command of.