PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2017, 10:16
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Service carriers/February pax/Ovda

I have no idea if Buster's source is good one or not but if true taken from various sites, the LHR movements per day in April between 4 & 6: -

TAP - 5

Finnair - 5

Alitalia - 5

Aeroflot 4

Austrian -4

Turkish - 6

Also if SAS split their London operation under the new AOC I suppose they could be included.

The stand out airline for me is Alitalia and as they have an established operation at LCY serving the business community and I won't bother even mentioning financials and who would get the slots, so is it that much of a fanciful idea, maybe but you never know these days?

I would say TK is a no, TAP is possibility although unlikely and Finnair has been rumoured before probably due to IAG links. The rest are non-starters especially if it is 5-6 movements.

I remember a certain bear and a very imaginative post several years back suggesting an easyJet base at Southend - laughable..... oh wait a minute

February passengers Absolutely amazing and one day less than Feb 2016

Ovda

I was hoping Monarch would add BHX once the new airport is open at Eilat and could it be they are just waiting for a confirmed date to save transferring bookings. Most sites still showing late 2017 as an opening date and it seems inconceivable that flights would be dropped as I am sure the Eilat airport management will be looking for more not less.

Pete