PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Voyager Plummets (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2017, 07:31
Treble one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pure Pursuit
Those on here who believe that just culture will die as a result of this CM verdict don't understand, imho, the process. If the SI is ever proven to be, as suggested on here, less than 100 % subjective, we would have to look at this again but, as it stands, I think the JC system worked. It's a two way process... Punish mistakes and people won't report. Fail to punish negligence... a small minority will start cutting corners. On the fleet I'm on, the reporting culture is strong and I don't see how this CM will change that. We use the system as an invaluable method of highlighting issues. It's all down to the guys having confidence of their OC and of those above him/her. If that trust is in place, the system runs on rails.

If somebody is able to accurately place AT's actions into the 'error' or 'system induced violation' brackets, I'll stand corrected. Sadly, as I read it, its blatant negligence and had to be dealt with as such. As previously stated, his own actions brought him to this sad conclusion.

Somebody mentioned the Vulcan barrel roll going unpunished. Was that event ever proven? I only saw some random photographs. Perhaps there was insufficient proof.
In a recent interview Dr Plemming admitted the aircraft had been rolled and even named the handling pilots at the time saying that they had both regretted their actions.....