PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need help with DGCA comp no.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 15:48
skratche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rubikscube1348
Hi Skratche
Did you finally figure out how to get your mark sheet verification? I am in the same boat as you and did my school in Canada as well. I am waiting for my attestations from AIU and will be applying for my computer number. I just found out about the mark sheet verification.
Please let me know what steps you took?
Thank You
Afte several rejected applications I finally emailed DGCA at this address:<[email protected]>
The following is a excerpt of that email:
Originally Posted by Email

Dear Sir,

I'm blah blah and I've completed my high school education in Canada. I've already acquire an equivalent certificate from AIU. But as I now understand for application of computer number I require "marksheet verification" as well.

Sir, my Canadian school boards do not offer such a service of providing a "verification certificate". In Canada, 9-12 comes under secondary school and there are no board examinations. They are only willing to give me a student transcript which will provide marks for my entire student history of 9-12. This transcript will be stamped and authorized by the board and the Ontario ministry of education.

Sir, would it be alright if I attach the original transcript in lieu of a "verification certificate"? The transcript will be able to verify all my marks on the 10th/12th marksheets. I can arrange for the board to send me this transcript in a sealed envelope which I can then forward to you alongwith application of computer number.

Please let me know as soon as possible how I should proceed towards acquiring a computer number.

Yours sincerely,
blah blah.
To which they immediately responded in the positive.

Originally Posted by response
You may forward the transcript, stamped and authorized by the board and the Ontario ministry of education for the purpose of verification. Make sure that the applications / documents are forwarded as per guidelines published in DGCA web site.

And Voila! I filled out an online form for transcript request from TDSB (Toronto District School Board), emailed them a short cover letter explaining my situation and asked them to stamp it in a sealed embossed envelope.

Then when they sent me the transcript, I did not open it. I just put the entire envelope as it is alongwith my application for computer number in a bigger envelope and sent that to DGCA. For safety I had also attached a printout of the email giving me permission to send a transcript instead of marksheet verification.

They approved it and now I've had a computer no. for the past year. I've cleared 3 exams and am working on the fourth.

My advice to you would be to send an email to DGCA, asking permission to send the transcript. Then order one from your school board (form should be available online - check your boards website). Make sure it is in a sealed envelope and do not open the envelope. Send it as is as a part of your supporting docs with your computer no. application.

Best of luck. Please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance.
And apologies for the long read.