PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - FLL based
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2017, 14:32
iaveight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys like myself

I have been watching Norwegian push through Europe and now into the USA. I doubt there are many in my situation that have just moved to Florida from Europe with an EASA ATP and 121 experience on it. While it is below industry standards for the USA there are some attractive qualities in it for me.

Based in Florida, already have a full EASA and FAA ATP, flights to Europe where I lived for the last twelve years. I too was told by an American FO that if someone takes this job they would never work for an American carrier in the future. This has put a damper on it for me, but in the end its not scab labour as no one is crossing picket lines while others protest better pay at their company.

To each their own but we all have different circumstances and reasons certain contracts look favorable. My choices at the moment are this, take a regional job flying an EMB of some sort for a regional, try for a mainline with my existing time which is over 6000 hours and over 2000 on a 737 or look at NAS .

I won't have to worry about study in two years and can stay in touch with Europe where I have lived and flown for many years.

Unless someone here has some good leads in the USA... Guess it all depends how long it takes for me to find employment here. Yes I came here legally