PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2017, 04:42
Trevor the lover

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
IFEZ - Yes I take your point reference condemning anyone before a full report. BUT there are some known facts already in the mix. Things such as lack of simulator training, gear still down, an ill timed mayday call. All circumstantial of course, but I know of a number of people who have said not surprised.

JT - Our B200s are full reisbeck modded and we are required to meet 20.7.1b every day. We are meeting the criteria, though on hot days with heavy loads we are weight limited to meet the legalities. You are correct ref it being an op document rather than a certification, but does that make any difference practically when looking at required gradients and going to the manuals to ensure we are compliant? And face it, in an accident scenario, the cert standards et al, can go jump, as long as the perf manual gave me a gradient and it met what I needed, then I should have been competent to do it. ref 6 or 7% on jets - I did 12 years on airline jets, 744, 330, 320, but the bulk of my jet time is bizjets. And of course they do perform brilliantly on one off the ground. 6 or 7% makes life very easy in the sim.