PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2017, 23:31
Trevor the lover

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
John Tullamarine
The B200 is a capable and very nice aeroplane but its capabilities should not be confused with those of the higher certification standard.

Not true John Boy. There are operators in Australia operating the B200 on an STC to operate 1000 pounds heavier than normal 12500lb, thus putting it in CAO 20.7.1B territory. So it must meet 20.7.1b up to 13,500lb. Sure, its not going to get 6 or 7% on one engine like a jet, but it DOES meet the requitements and when handled correctly (which sim training should ensure) it WILL fly away nicely.

Consistent with its light aircraft roots, there still is a small performance grey area during the final stages of takeoff should an engine fail. The recent mishap aircraft, I suggest, was very much involved with trying to traverse this particular grey area.

I don't believe in this grey area. The "traversing of the grey area", as you call it, is done by using full rudder, lots of aileron, conducting the memory items and FLYING THE AIRCRAFT - not by punching out useless mayday calls.