PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Captain requests pax intervention...?
Old 21st Aug 2003, 13:48
Anthony Carn

innuendo (I still remember you from my dim past)

.........if the rugby team six footers cannot get access to the flight deck, ( armoured door),.....
My mistake, but an understandable one though -- some flight deck doors are of thin particle board with a plastic slider for a lock and a bottom half designed to be kicked out in an emergency. (medium twin-jet, 100 plus passenger seats, major UK airline, RIGHT NOW).

They still go through the full blown "lock-the-door" performances, albeit having to remove headset, slide seat back, unfasten seatbelt, get out of the seat and go to the door to look through limited-angle-of-view spy hole, lock/unlock it.......get back in seat, fasten seatbelt, slide seat forward, put on headset............and the ask the 400 hour, hastily recruited and trained co-pilot if they really were cleared to descend whilst this was going on.

A team of tiddlewinks players with a major injuries problem might hold real fear for those crews, never mind the rugby lot. All of this nearly two years after 9/11.

How the other half live - armoured doors and all. (Realistic world and all !!!)

------------------------------------------------------------

So there we have it. Two dozen rugby players locked out of the armoured flight deck with innuendo snugly(sp?) safe on the other side. Not a paper clip for a weapon as I said in my previous post. But, by virtue of overwhelming physical advantage, they have control of the cabin and all of the items kept therein. We may have to assume that they're suicidal type terrorists for this one.

Any ideas, anyone ?

You sir ?.......yes, you at the back..the dark skinned chap, with the beard and unusual headwear......do you have some ideas ?