PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Winglets - Benefit?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2001, 17:11
Ceppo

Cool

747Focal
I have a masters degree in aeronautical engineering. True, it's not everything but it sure put me above the average bod, therefore I do understand something about aircraft performance.

The point I'm trying to put across is that since the 747X is in direct competition with the Airbus 380, the designers should have considered keeping some of the take off and landing speeds on par with most of today's a/c. Damn even concorde lands slower than that and it's a delta wing.

These 350kt take off supersonic aeroplanes. Where's their competition? and who's going to build a long enough runway? (lest you wish to feel the acceleration of an F1 car)

The A380 is bigger than the 747X..(that's why Fedex chose it) and if it can take off and land at slower speeds than your precious boeing, that's just 1 more advantage Airbus will have over you.

Ohh and they will be able to evacuate within 90 seconds....it's that fat momma BWB that leaves people inside like an oven....wasn't that a boeing idea?

(To any gentle people reading, I like boeing just as much as Airbus, they both have wings and you can fly them. My negative statement on boeing is only to show that they shouldn't start to throw little tantrums (not you 747Focal) and get snotty just because they're about to lose the number 1 spot)