PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation’s Future. Navy blue singlets, thongs, and hankies tied around your head?
Old 21st Aug 2003, 09:45
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

And further to Qwannas' questions may I add the following - in what direction do you see your career path heading, NG?
And just as importantly, where does your wife hope to see you end up?

I guess with your documented ideals it must be hard to look too far ahead, other than to say "I want to be flying", albeit perhaps for pocket money.
Alternatively, if you want to get onto BIG heavy metal asap, you can always buy your way there by putting your money where your mouth is and lodging a $225,000 bank guarantee with Singapore Airlines for 7 years!

But back to Cruze Power`s "observations" on the first page,
Yet in the splendid year of 2003 we have the highest level of home ownership..
You mean the BANKS have the highest level of mortgaged home loans. Australians have now reached the highest individual average personal level of debt in history!

And another of Cruze power`s comments;-
Let's not look at the level of union membership of workers and the rapid decline in those membership numbers, for fear of realisation of the truth that such an attitude demonstrated above is clearly outdated and out of touch.
Agreed CP - with the "rapid decline" in union membership has become a rapid decline in conditions, a decline that now looks as though it is about to rapidly accelerate as QANTAS steps up its anti-union activities with the full support of the Howard (pro-Bush) government.

It is rather interesting that Wiley's topic has more or less focused on the actuarial aspect, certainly that is an area where one feels an immediate impact..the "hip pocket nerve"!
OTOH, "navy blue singlets, thongs, and hankies tied around the head" also indirectly perhaps reflect on the skill level of the subject, and it is this aspect that SHOULD be of concern to more than just pilots, because it is ultimately going to become a SAFETY issue affecting those travelling with the "navvies", the insurance companies that insure the hulls and "cargo", and ultimately the company itself.

In my opinion there HAS been a "dumbing down" of aircrew. The training now given is NOT of the same (high) quality given some 15 or 20 years ago. Not only the aircraft type conversion courses, but also the annual emergency revals and the associated crew development classes.

Look forward to your reply, NG..

Edit
Here is the post to which New Generation refers in the following reply.
"Perhaps a?@‚?‚“‚™chosomatically induced illness brought on by the recollection of how he, as P.M., introduced the weaponry QANTAS is now employing to bust the ACTU eg. imported foreign scab labour.

Rest assured, Bob, you'll be long remembered by the ACTU for your superb union-busting efforts, along with Bill Kelty."

Nothing untruthful stated there, NG, and certainly nothing that would qualify me as, "sick, heartless, bitter & twisted individual."....a little bent perhaps but then aren't we ALL, in one way or another!!

Last edited by Kaptin M; 21st Aug 2003 at 13:02.