PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation’s Future. Navy blue singlets, thongs, and hankies tied around your head?
Old 21st Aug 2003, 07:03
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a great thread, it has give our crew a damn fine laugh.

Our “crew” is very international as a matter of fact on my current job we have someone from every continent except Antarctica.
We all work a long way from home, for Aussies to get home it takes three days, ‘we don’t pay no stinkin’ taxes’, and we have a generous (by Oz standards) leave package.

I’m not an 89er yet they are among us, I’m not a 01er but they are with us too. But we have one thing in common that it appears may of you have lost sight of.

We wear our uniform with pride. We all have a passion to fly. We get paid respectfully for what we do.

The degeneration of conditions in Australia goes hand in hand with the problems in the 80’s. Glorified bus drivers….I believe was the comment and it stuck, those who are now your task masters had a while to let that sink in.

The Trojan is in the castle now boys, JetConnect, Australian, were simple counters to market pressures that DJ and VQ initiated.

The boys that had, had enough of their foreign sojourn returned dead set keen to resume their lifestyle. They had what they needed and could settle for less.

Don’t worry they people that cut the deals and agreed to the specific terms will be gone from what was one a highly respected career in Australia in a few years leaving everyone else to pick up the piece’s.

These days you get more respect for losing other peoples money in Australia anyway.

So for myself and the other expat crewmembers we will remain in our positions where we are still respected, with appropriate remuneration. While we watch from afar the Trojans divide and conquer the last remaining bastion of realistic aviation career’s, and aviation in the south pacific become’s a game of contractors, fly by nights, and renegades. Blue singlets…….not us.

You reap what you sow…….

RESPECT