PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 09:20
Pinky the pilot
Man Bilong Balus long PNG

Location: Looking forward to returning to Japan soon but in the meantime continuing the never ending search for a bad bottle of Red!
Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts
loose a lot of money
Or do you mean 'lose a lot of money?

I know of a few Financial Institutions that I wish would loose(n) their finances a bit, and just maybe this would help keep employed a few more People who are working their arses off, just trying to keep a business afloat during some extraordinarily trying times!

Aero Developer; Cry me a river! Actually Left 270 said it better than I could!

My first few engine failures in a Kingair sim came after 31 years of flying - and they were a bloody handful. I now have the technique tuned, but I needed to be exposed to it. Pulling a throttle back in flight to simulate an engine failure does NOT replicate a full V1 cut in the sim, it never will.
Indeed, Rodney rude; Whilst I must state that I have never flown a Kingair and actually do not have any Turbine time whatsoever, I can say that I have had several genuine engine failures whilst flying Piston twins.

I will agree that no amount of pulling a throttle back/cutting the mixture etc will ever replicate a genuine engine failure!

When it is genuine, then it really is your arse on the line!!!!!