PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 08:45
Aero developer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not biting - asking

Originally Posted by Left 270
Ok Aero I'll bite.

Why would you take on the lease from the government in the first place if using your models you were in your own words "going to loose a lot of money" unless there was an intention to cash in by selling out the aviation industry?

The government made no one take these leases and they would not have been leased without interest from the private sector.
So the government wanted out.... we and others took on the leases as we saw an opportunity that requires risk. Govementment don't like or can't take on these risks.

Many airport Master Plans forecast an increase in movements. We are leasing your businesses hangers and 1/3rd the rate of similar spaces to non aviation business 100m away from yours. Your parking rate is half the daily rate charged by our local council to park a car in their car park. You don't pay land tax (unlike the DFO's of the world on airports)

I am genuinely asking you - how are we selling you out?

Yes we make money from the other developments. Their location is in accorandqnce with Master Plans that the Dept of Infra (well minister) approves and that CASA, ASA, Dept of Infra, local council, avation operators, State Planning Dept all get to comment on.

The building approval is by a Dept of Infra Building Controller.

We spend money - the risk- make a profit and in turn your operations get subsidised.

How are we selling you out? I am genuinely asking you. What is the alternative in an economy where both sides of politics expect infrastructure assets to be self funding.