PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2017, 01:32
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very well done Ben Morgan, that was an excellent interview

It makes me sick when I hear the government and airfield operators crapping on about how airfields are all about safety and the commercial developments have all been approved by the ATSB and CASA, blah, blah, blah....
Well the chickens have come home to roost now haven't they. These poor peoples fates were sealed years ago by the greedy developers, and government officials who have allowed seemingly unfettered development to occur, and continue to occur at airfields all over the country.

Its pure speculation as to whether the outcome would have been any different if the DFO wasn't there, but it certainly didn't help!

Clearly something went drastically wrong, and at the absolute worst possible time either just at or after the point of rotation. Speculating further on the cause is probably a waste of time, so hopefully those investigating can get to the bottom of it, and do a decent job of the report this time.

Ps I trust the poster at #114 sees fit to acknowledge Ben Morgan's effort this time after the pasting he gave him on an earlier effort! Credit where credit's due as they say!