PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2017, 07:46
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, the way Harry gushes on about her based on what - one flight? - you'd think he was the proud papa. I had my own meeting in person, outside the training college after a sim while we all waited for the Volvos to be assigned. Frankly my impression wasn't quite as glowing as Harry's (hope that's not too "disparaging"?). Perhaps she thought, as many with an inflated idea of their own attractiveness do, that anyone who is trying to kill time with small talk is looking for more? But hey, maybe not, anyone can have a bad day. No doubt she felt more comfortable with Harry, being of a non-threatening, more "fatherly" generation.

Didn't give it a thought then, only made the connection back when the video came out. And wouldn't even have mentioned it now except Harry's comments about "anonymous posters" slagging someone, while he himself is anonymously blowing sunshine up everyone's ar$e, struck me as illogical if not hypocritical. One anonymous comment does not bear more weight than another. And I have not said a thing I wouldn't say in person, given the opportunity, if I thought it was worth the effort. I don't.

The irony is my comments were remarking on the optics of the decision to leave, not the person. It was Harry who decided to make it an issue of character. I'm solely interested in how EK would spin the question of someone they pumped a lot of PR money into, bailing to their home country and airline so soon after so publicly expounding the wonders of expat life in Dubai and the exotic opportunities associated. I really don't care to either vilify or glorify the person involved. EK was the target of my comments, not her.

But like others I do think it's interesting that Harry isn't exactly leaping to the defense of the other Instagram heroes. I guess bullying is in the eye of the beholder.

Stick with your Bentleys and yachts, Harry. I highly doubt this woman needs your help. Unlike you, she got out.