PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2017, 22:42
kalavo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Choccy Lab
Gee - thanks LB; way to welcome a newbie. We all have to post a first comment someday. I've been part of this industry for over 50 years so I've got some clout. No facts were presented - just observations. I'm using the same info you are - what we've seen reported, and no-one has mentioned the prop before so I've thrown that in the mix. Let's see a responsible reply to what I've raised.
If you've really been in the industry for 50 years, then I'm guessing you've lost a mate or ten in plane crashes. I certainly have. If you had any time on a Kingair time you might know that they're an absolute pig on one at low speed, that 5.29% on 1563m sounds like a walk in the park, because **** 1000m is easy ...until you lose one and those numbers look marginal at best. That putting the prop in to feather can take almost the full shutdown time for it to actually reach that position. That most single pilot drivers are use to multitasking and prioritising.... if the gear is coming up and autofeather has kicked in, below 400' there's nothing to do but nail the **** out of the attitude, most guys are able to do that with their finger on the PTT and Mayday, Rego, Catastrophic Engine Failure, Standby for details isn't that hard to get out.

People here have lost a mate, someone's lost a Dad, the accident scene has barely been inspected. We all want answers, but I'm sure the ATSB is capable of doing their job... even if it takes them two years. But hey no worries, welcome to PPRUNE, feel free to be offended that someone disagreed with your first post.