PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What would you do?
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2017, 17:08
dany4kin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I continue to be really grateful for all the responses.

Of course I fully understand that a 3k course to 'fly' a 737 sim is barely going to scrape the surface - I'm not that naive to think otherwise, it's just that is where I always wanted to end up.

I failed the Ishihara, the Holmes Wright (only when they turned the darned intensity down though!) and also failed the most recent colour vision test with the grey squares and the box moving off into the corners. I am quite significantly Protanope (red deficient) and I while I appreciate your heartening message Wrecker, I don't think I could ever be considered colour vision safe.

Gliding has not appealed previously I have to admit, and I was a passenger in a microlight (not 3 axis) that actually scared the bejesus out of me (turbulent day, French pilot who insisted I have a go no matter how many times I couldn't get my head around the push left to go right etc.) but all new experiences take some getting used to!

Being able to do an IMC rating eventually (I don't think I could afford an IR) would make me so much happier with the UK weather as it is and it is encouraging to see posts that think that might be possible which I will research.

I'd like to thank everyone again; I guess I figured the majority would be pro-actual flying but a 100% majority really speaks volumes... cheers all