PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2017, 12:06
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No. And that's just the point.

Since taking part in various videos and events, the online derogatory comments and disparaging remarks have, and still are, directed at her. Both yourself and Outlaw have even succumbed to that on this very thread!

We could go on debating the rights and wrongs of this all day but whatever your viewpoint, the only person who will ever really know why they're leaving is Ashley herself. I doubt it's just because of EK's current conditions and I doubt it's solely related to comments made on this website. It's probably a combination of reasons, as is the case generally. Whatever they are, it certainly does not make a mockery of her previous role as an ambassador for the brand. Does working for the promotional team require a lifelong contract? I think not. Anyway, I doubt for one minute whether her videos will be featuring in EK media for much longer. The PR and Commercial teams are undoubtedly one of the strongest departments in this outfit and are forever evolving and changing.

As for the comment from Outlaw that I only flew with her once, so what? How many times do you need to fly with a person before deciding how they operate, twice, three times? What do they say, 2 minutes or so for a first impression? Generally it works for me and she proved that.

All I will say, finally on this matter, is that regardless of our own angst and frustration against the Company, unless you have the balls to speak bluntly to her face, don't say it on a public forum. Is that not the advice we'd give our own children or is cyber bullying acceptable nowadays? Subtle or direct, it's all the same and just as vile. The internet has provided the World with a forum to say things we'd not ordinarily say to an individual in person. It's brought out the best and the worst of us but we can choose what we say and how we say it. Behaviour breeds behaviour. Why not make those same comments on our own dedicated forum? You know, the one where you'll be required to identify yourself by providing a staff number. Bullies? Yep, often outed as cowards mostly.

As Outlaw said, there's the good, the bad and the ugly in this World. Unfortunately, the last two traits are frequently exposed on these ME threads, most often behind the cloak of anonymity and, sadly, very much to the detriment of our profession.

Harry