PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA 855 operated by Titan Air
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2017, 06:01
crewmeal

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I know BA tried this sort of stunt before with cabin crews on the Caribbean flights- although the girls and boys wore BA uniforms if you flew regularly you knew in an instant they were not BA crew. They apparently had alot of complaints-mine included and I got a lot of airmiles as compensation but whats the situation if you buy a BA flight and it isn't a BA aircraft, its not flown by BA flight deck crew and the CC are not BA either- I mean what is left as BA other than the flight number?
A disappointing comment. Back in the 90's the were BA franchises, GB Airways, Maersk to name two. They had outstanding cabin crew who were on the ball and knew about service. Infact at BHX pax would compare crews with BA Regional and many would comment favourably about Maersk.

Well I would suggest they should not pitch up in the Balliarics without holding fuel when thunderstorms are forcast arriving at the diversion airfield on little more than fumes
I'm sure that Flight Deck would 'tank up' with extra fuel if the weather looked bad at a destination and not divert and run on fumes as you put it. However if an airport is below limits then the flight would have no alternative than divert.